THIS IS A SAMPLE NAVIGATION.
STICKY NAVIGATION EFFECTS, AS WELL AS HOVER EFFECTS INCLUDING DROP DOWN FEATURES FOR SERVICES,
WILL BE ADDED ONCE THIS SITE IS MOVED OFF THE TEMPORARY STAGING SITE.
PRPCO PRIVACY NOTICE
Last updated: June 1, 2018
What Personal Information About Customers Does PRPCo.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your PRPCo.com experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and utilize any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way to process and track orders. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information from your Web browser.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from PRPCo.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please email your customer service representative or email@example.com
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other marketing sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Does PRPCo.com Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with partners that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with affiliated businesses to operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that PRPCo, or substantially all its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of PRPCo.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of PRPCo.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number, address, zip code and telephone number to the appropriate gateway, central bank and credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What Choices Do I Have?
- You can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of PRPCo.com features. You can add or update certain information on profile pages. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please email your customer service representative or firstname.lastname@example.org . (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of PRPCo.com, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)The Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
Are Children Allowed to Use PRPCo.com?
PRPCo.com does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use PRPCo.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit PRPCo.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of California. If you have any concern about privacy at PRPCo.com, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change. You should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
- You provide most such information when you search, buy, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through PRPCo.com or one of our third-party sellers; provide information in your account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us); communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; e-mail addresses of your friends and other people; content of reviews and e-mails to us.
Information from Other Sources
- Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web; search results and links,; and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Last updated: May 9, 2019
For the purpose of this Agreement::
PRPCo Services encompasses all Software, Digital Content, and support and other services that we provide Product users.
“PRPCo Software” means all software we make available to you, but excludes third-party Digital Content.
“Digital Content” means digitized content (including third-party content), such as videos, apps, photos, audio, books, newspapers, magazines, and related features and functionality.
1. PRPCo Services And Software
a. Use of PRPCo Services. To use certain PRPCo Services, you must have your own PRPDirect account, be logged in to your account, and have a valid payment method associated with any purchase. All payments made via credit card will have a 3% fee added.
b. Use of the PRPCo Software. Except as provided in this section, you may use the PRPCo Software only for the purchase of authorized product. For additional terms that apply to the PRPCo Software, see the Additional PRPCo Software Terms contained in the PRPCO.com Conditions of Use and the terms contained in the Legal Stuff section of the “Contact and Info” menu of the PRPCo.com website.
2. Connectivity and Availability
a. Internet Connectivity. PRPCO.com Services may require an Internet connection from a third-party provider to use some features. In such cases, your Internet connection is subject to the fees, restrictions, terms and limitations imposed by your provider.
b. Availability. Some PRPCo Services may be unavailable, vary (by product or geography, for example), be offered for a limited time, or require separate subscriptions.
a. Information Provided to Others. You are responsible for any information you provide to others, including third-party Digital Content providers. Use of information you provide to these third parties will be subject to any privacy notice or other terms that they may provide to you.
b. Changes to PRPCo Services; Amendments. We may change, suspend, or discontinue the PRPCo Services, or any part of them, at any time without notice. We may amend any of this Agreement’s terms at our sole discretion by posting the revised terms on the PRPCo.com website. Your continued use of PRPCo Services after the effective date of the revised Agreement constitutes your acceptance of the terms.
c. Termination. Your rights under this Agreement will automatically terminate without notice if you fail to comply with any of its terms. In case of such termination, PRPCo may immediately revoke your access to the PRPCo Services. PRPCO’s failure to insist upon or enforce your strict compliance with this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of any of its rights.
d. Disputes/Binding Arbitration. Any dispute or claim arising from or relating to this Agreement, a Product, the Software, or the PRPCo Services is subject to the binding arbitration, governing law, disclaimer of warranties, limitation of liability, and all other terms in the PRPCo.com Conditions of Use. You agree to those terms by entering into this Agreement, or using PRPCo Services.
e. Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability. Web software is developed and manufactured by third parties, and we have no responsibility or liability for any aspect of software except PRPDirect. Without limiting the Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability terms in the PRPCO.com Conditions of Use, unless otherwise required by applicable law, in no event will our or our licensors’ aggregate liability with respect to any claim arising from or related to this Agreement or your use of the PRPCo Services exceed Fifty Dollars ($50.00). We make no representations or warranties, express or implied. Including warranties of merchantability of fitness for a particular purpose.
f. Contact Information. For help with PRPCo Services, Digital Content, PRPDirect Software or resolving other related issues, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com
CONDITIONS OF USE
Last updated: May 9, 2019
Welcome to PRPCo.com. Poor Richard’s Press and/or its affiliates (“PRP”, PRPDirect, PRPCO, PRPCo Services) provide website features and other products and services to you when you visit or shop at PRPCo.com, use PRPCo products or services, or use software provided by PRPCo in connection with any of the foregoing (collectively, ” PRP, PRPCo, PRPCo Services, PRPDirect”).
PRPCo provides the PRPCo Services subject to the following conditions.
By using PRPCo Services, you agree to these conditions. Please read them carefully.
We offer a wide range of PRPCo Services, and sometimes additional terms may apply. When you use a PRPCo Service (for example, your profile, or PRPDirect) you also will be subject to the guidelines, terms and agreements applicable to that PRPCo Service (“Service Terms”). If these Conditions of Use are inconsistent with the Service Terms, those Service Terms will control.
Please review our Privacy Notice, which also governs your use of PRPCo Services, to understand our practices.
When you use PRPCo Services, or send e-mails, text messages, and other communications from your desktop or mobile device to us, you may be communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically, such as e-mails, texts, mobile push notices, or notices and messages on this site or through the other PRPCo Services, , and you can retain copies of these communications for your records. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
All content included in or made available through any PRPCo Service, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software is the property of PRPCo or its content suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content included in or made available through any PRPCo Service is the exclusive property of PRPCo and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws.
In addition, graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names included in or made available through any PRPCo Service are trademarks or trade dress of PRPCo in the U.S. and other countries. PRPCo’s trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not PRPCo’s, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits PRPCo. All other trademarks not owned by PRPCo that appear in any PRPCo Service are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by PRPCo.
LICENSE AND ACCESS
Subject to your compliance with these Conditions of Use and any Service Terms, and your payment of any applicable fees, PRPCo or its content providers grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to access and make personal and non-commercial use of the PRPCo Services. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of any PRPCo Service, or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of any PRPCo Service or its contents; any downloading, copying, or other use of account information for the benefit of any third party; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. All rights not expressly granted to you in these Conditions of Use or any Service Terms are reserved and retained by PRPCo or its licensors, suppliers, publishers, rightsholders, or other content providers. No PRPCo Service, nor any part of any PRPCo Service, may be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of PRPCo. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of PRPCo without express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing PRPCo’s name or trademarks without the express written consent of PRPCo. You may not misuse the PRPCo Services. You may use the PRPCo Services only as permitted by law. The licenses granted by PRPCo terminate if you do not comply with these Conditions of Use or any Service Terms.
You may need your own PRPCo account to use certain PRPCo Services, and you may be required to be logged in to the account and have a valid payment method associated with it for purchases. If there is a problem charging your selected payment method, we may charge any other valid payment method associated with your account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your account, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. PRPCo does sell products for children, but it sells them to adults, who can purchase with a credit card or other permitted payment method. All payments made via credit card will have a 3% fee added. If you are under 18, you may use the PRPCo Services only with involvement of a parent or guardian. PRPCo reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, terminate your rights to use PRPCo Services, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in its sole discretion.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY COMPLAINTS
PRPCo respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your intellectual property rights are being infringed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
RISK OF LOSS
All purchases of physical items from PRPCo are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier.
PRPCo attempts to be as accurate as possible. However, PRPCo does not warrant that product descriptions or other content of any PRPCo Service is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THE PRPCO SERVICES AND ALL INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) AND OTHER SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE PRPCO SERVICES ARE PROVIDED BY PRPCO ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING. PRPCO MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE PRPCO SERVICES, OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) OR OTHER SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE PRPCO SERVICES, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE PRPCO SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, PRPCO DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. PRPCO DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE PRPCO SERVICES, INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) OR OTHER SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE PRPCO SERVICES, PRPCO’s SERVERS OR ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS SENT FROM PRPCO ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, PRPCO WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF ANY PRPCO SERVICE, OR FROM ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) OR OTHER SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH ANY PRPCO SERVICE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING.
Any dispute or claim relating in any way to your use of any PRPCo Service, or to any products or services sold or distributed by PRPCo or through PRPCo.com will be resolved by binding arbitration, rather than in court, except that you may assert claims in small claims court if your claims qualify. The Federal Arbitration Act and federal arbitration law apply to this agreement.
There is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is limited. However, an arbitrator can award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as a court (including injunctive and declaratory relief or statutory damages), and must follow the terms of these Conditions of Use as a court would.
Arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) under its rules, including the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes. The AAA’s rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA’s rules. Arbitration will take place in San Luis Obispo County, California unless otherwise mutually agreed upon.
We each agree that any dispute resolution proceedings will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration we each waive any right to a jury trial. We also both agree that you or we may bring suit in court to enjoin infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights.
By using any PRPCo Service, you agree that the Federal Arbitration Act, applicable federal law, and the laws of the state of California, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Conditions of Use and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and PRPCo.
SITE POLICIES, MODIFICATION, AND SEVERABILITY
We reserve the right to make changes to our site, policies, Service Terms, and these Conditions of Use at any time. If any of these conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
2226 Beebee St
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
ADDITIONAL PRPCo SOFTWARE TERMS
The following terms (“Software Terms”) apply to any software (including any updates or upgrades to the software) and any related documentation we make available to you in connection with PRPDirect (the “PRPCo Software”).
1. Use of the PRPCo Software. You may use PRPCo Software solely for purposes of enabling you to use the PRPCo Services as provided by PRPCo, and as permitted by these Conditions of Use and any Service Terms. You may not incorporate any portion of the PRPCo Software into other programs or compile any portion of it in combination with other programs, or otherwise copy (except to exercise rights granted in this section), modify, create derivative works of, distribute, assign any rights to, or license the PRPCo Software in whole or in part. All software used in any PRPCo Service is the property of PRPCo or its software suppliers and is protected by United States and international copyright laws.
3. No Reverse Engineering. You may not reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble, tamper with, or bypass any security associated with the PRPCo Software, whether in whole or in part.
4. Updates. We may offer automatic or manual updates to the PRPCo Software at any time and without notice to you.
5. Conflicts. In the event of any conflict between these Conditions of Use and any other PRPCo or third-party terms applicable to any portion of PRPCo Software, such as open-source license terms, such other terms will control as to that portion of the PRPCo Software and to the extent of the conflict.
NOTICE AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT
If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been infringed, You may submit written claims of copyright infringement to:
2226 Beebee St
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Written claims concerning copyright infringement must include the following information:
• A physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
• A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon;
• A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
• Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
• A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
• A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Let’s Start Something new
Click, call, or email us to see what it means to be more than an idea.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to be the first to hear about our special promotions!
WE ♥ SLO COUNTY